[hibernate-dev] 6.0 - HQL literals

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sun Jan 12 23:35:53 EST 2020

Hi Dave.

Same - I was swamped with stuff at the end of last week.

Yes, from what I was reading postgres is a bit strange in storing temporal
values.  Not unique to postgres - many databases do interesting things.

I'm curious how the driver handles binding Java 8 types directly.  The JDBC
spec was updated to support these types through the generic `#setObject`
methods (`#getObject` as well?).  Does the driver handle this.

Out of curiosity, which jdbc driver are you helping with?