[hibernate-dev] 6.0 - HQL literals

Dave Cramer davecramer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 08:27:58 EST 2020

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure there is a better way to store the data in the database. Doing
any kind of date/time math in anything else but UTC seems fraught with
danger.

See below as to how we handle Java 8 types.
https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/blob/db228a4ffd8b356a9028363b35b0eb9055ea53f0/pgjdbc/src/main/java/org/postgresql/jdbc/PgPreparedStatement.java#L961-L968

Also tells you which driver I maintain.

As far as my interest in this discussion goes. What is the pgjdbc driver
doing that is not consistent with what hibernate is doing/wants ?

I'd certainly be up for a hibernate compatibility mode.

Thanks,

Dave Cramer