[hibernate-dev] Jakarta EE: JPA 3.0 is coming

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 10 10:37:49 EDT 2020

I'm curious... why are we saying that we need to simultaneously support
both sets of annotations and config settings?

As a user, if I choose to use the Jakarta-based JPA I would fully expect
that to only work with the Jakarta-based annotations and settings.

Is there something in the spec I am missing that says we need to understand
both simultaneously?