[infinispan-dev] JGroups 2.7 and 2.8 work with Infinispan now

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 09:23:08 EDT 2009

Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
>> Your last statement confuses me a bit: I don't think a VIEW would get
>> sent up the stack *before* an unblock because they're tagged by
>> seqnos aren't they ? So, in other words, do we really need to discard
>> incoming mesages ?
>>
> No sure, we can block I guess, and wait for a latch to open, huh? No,
> no view and unblocked are ordered by sender, no problem there. It is a
> message from a third member that is the problem. It can squeeze in
> between view and unblock on member C.

I do *not* think a message from a member can squeeze in *before* a VIEW
because view installation is synchronous. However, you're right, a
message can squeeze in after a VIEW and before an unblock() is received.
But IMO that's fine I guess. Or do you see any issues here ?

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team