[infinispan-dev] JGroups 2.7 and 2.8 work with Infinispan now

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 09:26:45 EDT 2009

On 6/2/09 3:23 PM, Bela Ban wrote:

> I do *not* think a message from a member can squeeze in *before* a
> VIEW because view installation is synchronous. However, you're right,
> a message can squeeze in after a VIEW and before an unblock() is
> received. But IMO that's fine I guess. Or do you see any issues here ?

That message gets dropped by FLUSH :( as things stand right now. That is
the question, what should we do? Should we wait for a latch to open by
unblock(with some timeout i guess) or should we let the messages pass up
the stack freely and forget this whole latch business?

Let me think about implications as well....