[infinispan-dev] Infinispan configuration

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 09:16:13 EDT 2009

Hi,

I asked to work on "Document all configuration options available in XML
and the Configuration beans on the wiki" JIRA [1] thinking that it would
be a familiar task - something similar to what Bela and I did in JGroups.

However, now, after learning a bit about how infinispan is configured,
how configuration is maintained, I would suggest we do a bit more in a
scope of this task, if possible. Being a newbie, it is highly likely
that I am overlooking some details. I would keep all current
configuration beans, that is all subclasses of AbstractConfigurationBean
but introduce annotation(s) for those beans that would:

- have some form of configuration xpath element matching xml element in
conf file
- describe each configuration option in plain english
- ref to classes to process certain complex elements

and others as the need arise.

I would also:

- remove current hand maintained schema
- create schema by automated tools given metadata in annotations
- create all human readable documentation from these annotations ; my
original JIRA [1]
- read all configuration elements from xml using metadata in annotations
thus avoiding "by hand" reading we have now

Let me know what you think and especially you, Mircea (being most
familiar with conf), if you think this is feasible.

Regards,
Vladimir

[1] https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-89