[infinispan-dev] Latest jclouds release hardens cloud provisioning and adds clojure support

Adrian Cole adrian.f.cole at gmail.com
Wed May 5 14:30:18 EDT 2010

The jclouds ecosystem has been extremely busy the last 3 months. We have a
lot to talk about with our latest beta
(1.0-beta-5<http://code.google.com/p/jclouds/downloads/list>)
of jclouds. Besides performance and bug fixes, there are a lot of new
features.

   - Clojure support, compatible with 1.1 and 1.2 runtimes.
   - Refined ComputeService API, including better errors, links between
   nodes and their images, and support for running scripts across your nodes.
   - Location compatibility across BlobStore and ComputeService. This allows
   you to designate and query geo-collocation of resources, which saves time
   and bandwidth.
   - More services such as full support for GoGrid and experimental support
   for BlueLock vCloud.

Coming next, we'll support portable volume management, across at least EBS
and vCloud, and features you vote
on<http://code.google.com/p/jclouds/issues/list>
.

Please see our blog for a more detailed review of
beta-5<http://anyweight.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-jclouds-hardens-cloud-provisioning.html>

Many thanks to the growing community of beta testers and collaborators!

All the best!
-Adrian
founder jclouds