[infinispan-dev] Still confused with the merge messages in Infinispan Git repo

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Nov 18 11:04:57 EST 2010

I think it was Trustin not rebasing before pushing.

You work on your features in isolation as you've described.
And the person that will integrate your pull request need to rebase your branch before merging to master. Let's say it's Trustin.

git checkout master
git pull infinispan master
git fetch galder
git checkout -b ISPN-774 galder/ISPN-774
git rebase master
//if fails, ask Galder to fix
//review, run tests
git checkout master
git pull infinispan master
//be sure to be up to date with the latest latest
//if it is not, you need to rebase ISPN-774 again
git merge ISPN-774
git push infinispan master