[infinispan-dev] JoinTask.broadcastNewCh

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Thu Feb 10 07:07:46 EST 2011

Hi,

This is something Bela has brought up while working on integrating RELAY in infinispan.
Right now it's the joiner (JoinTask) that broadcast the new CH to the cluster members. In the case of RELAY, this wouldn't be that good as the joiner might be on a remote site and this means a potentially costly RPC.
Isn't it possible for all the existing members to determine the new CH internally on the @viewChanged call and not wait for new joiner's broadcast?
The change I've made in the code to do that[1] caused lots of intermittent failure, so before digging further - is there's something I miss which makes this approach not to work?

Cheers,
Mircea

[1] https://github.com/mmarkus/infinispan/tree/auto_ch_m