[infinispan-dev] Using Dummy VS JBossTM for running tests

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 12:28:36 EST 2011

2011/2/28 Manik Surtani <manik at jboss.org>:

> On 22 Feb 2011, at 16:37, Jonathan Halliday wrote:
>

>> That's actually going to change your test semantics slightly. You may
>> want to run in both optimized and non-optimized modes to ensure full
>> coverage - some code paths may not get exercised in one or the other case.
>
> Right; we actually DO want to test a full 2PC cycle.  So we should disable any such optimisations.

why should we disable any TM optimization, assuming we're not testing
the TM and it's able to figure out if going into "commitOnePhase" mode
is a possible option?
We could of course run in both modes to make sure, but I dind't
understand why you want to disable it; especially as I'd expect end
users to want to use it enabled.

Sanne