[infinispan-dev] Amanuensis: the infinispan clustered indexwriter

Tristan Tarrant tristan.tarrant at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 06:46:12 EST 2011

> Some doubts:
> 1) I see you don't depend on the mux implementation
> org.jboss.ha.core.channelfactory.MuxChannel but in the one provided in
> jgroups. I was recommended to use
> org.jboss.ha.core.channelfactory.MuxChannel, but don't remember the
> reason, if any it might be outdated. Did you find out there's no need
> for this additional dependency?

I can't remember exactly the difference between the two, although I don't
think there were any real benefits in the org.jboss.ha stuff, and having one
class instead of another dependency is better :)

> 2) Could you clarify the licensing, I'd like to reuse some of this
> code if possible.
> I hope it will be Hibernate Search compatible, also because I see you
> copied some code.. could you then restore the original @authors where
> due? (I might be wrong and didn't check in depth, just the methods in
> ExecutorContext look very similar to Search's Workspace. Actually it
> seems you was inspired by an older copy, while some bugs where now
> fixed *1, so you might as well want to depend on that code instead, to
> get more fixes in future).

Hmm, I usually use the Apache License, and I didn't really think about
licensing conflicts here. I can't remember if I copied the code, but I need
to look at that in more detail. Don't want to ruffle any feathers :) If any
of my code ends up in Hibernate Search's backend, I'd rather use that if
possible. Obviously it needs to be decoupled from the Hibernate part :)

> 3) I can't compile it:
> Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
> net.dataforte:dataforte-parent:pom:6

It's on my repo, look at my blog post.

> 4) I'd recommend you to make the IndexOperation implementations
> immutable, it seems you're suffering a bit from index visibility.

:)

> 5) No tests ? :P

<guilty_look>I'm sure they were there a minute ago :)</guilty_look>

Thanks for your comments.

Tristan