[infinispan-dev] Invoking distributed exec and mapreduce over hotrod

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed May 4 17:51:04 EDT 2011

Well, I feel exposing M/R over Hot Rod - from a protocol standpoint - would require a platform-independent mechanism of defining a closure (keeping in mind we need to allow this from non-Java clients too).

So I reckon Javascript is the way to go, at least from a protocol standpoint.  Now how we expose this in remote client APIs (Java, Python, etc) needs some thought, but at first glance it would seem as though we won't have a direct mapping to what we do on the embedded side of things.  E.g., http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/MapReduce

- Manik

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani