[infinispan-dev] An observation about total order and consistency

Paolo Romano romano at inesc-id.pt
Wed Mar 7 08:41:00 EST 2012

I did not know about this change, thanks for pointing it out! By the
way, is it still possible to send commit messages asynchronously with
2PC by changing the default config? I am asking as, in order to ensure
fairness when comparing the performance of the two protocols, it would
be better to make sure that they enforce the same semantic.

Another possibility would be to extend the TOB-based replication
mechanism to support this semantic. Conceptually, this is not too
complicated, but coding that will still take some time... and I  would
prefer to invest effort on TOM+partial replication. What do you think?

Cheers,

     Paolo