[infinispan-dev] CacheLoader and CacheStore

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Thu Aug 15 11:07:48 EDT 2013

On 15 Aug 2013, at 14:48, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

>> I actually did not enjoy writing parsers and config builders etc…
>
> ^ Why not? Too verbose? Too many classes?
>
> I'd rather improve this than carry on supporting property-based configuration (any other type safety advocates?)

Type safety can be enforced by requiring java-bean like properties on the configuration object.
E.g.
<property name="timeout" value="123wrong43"/>
<property name="conction" value="blah"/> <--name of the property misspelled -->

Both would fail to be set on the object:

XyzStoreConfig {
  void setTimeout(long timeout);
  void setConnection(String connection);
}

This wouldn't require writing a parser and would provide type safety. Wdyt?

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)