[infinispan-dev] CacheLoader and CacheStore

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 03:11:31 EDT 2013

On 08/15/2013 03:48 PM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> On Aug 14, 2013, at 11:14 PM, Ray Tsang <saturnism at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I actually did not enjoy writing parsers and config builders etc…
> ^ Why not? Too verbose? Too many classes?
>
> I'd rather improve this than carry on supporting property-based configuration (any other type safety advocates?)

I agree with posts further down the thread about some over-verbose
complexity in the bean/builder/parser approach, but I'd rather have
developers go the extra mile for type safety and predictable schema.
We've been down the property based approach and it is uglier.
The JDBC store is a bad example as it is very complex in its
configuration: most of the other stores have a flat configuration and
writing a parser is not that complex really.
And while I also understand Sanne's view on auto-generated XSD, I would
only want such a tool to keep in sync the documentation between the
javadocs and the XSDs, rather than base the schema structure on the
configuration beans. Hand-written might be time-consuming initially but
I also find it helps create better, more understandable schemas.

Tristan