[infinispan-dev] a nice HTML5 console for Infinispan & a question on MBean names...

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 09:21:18 EDT 2013

On 03/22/2013 12:47 PM, James Strachan wrote:
> Many thanks!
>
> BTW does this exception ring any bells:
> ERROR | qtp581815510-700 | ISPN019003: Interpreter error
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.infinispan.cli.interpreter.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:161)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at org.infinispan.jmx.ResourceDMBean.invoke(ResourceDMBean.java:287)
> at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)
> at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:791)
That looks like a parser error has resulted in a null statement being
added. Odd it should have caused a parser error. Can you give me an
example of statement you issued ?
> Incidentally do the session IDs timeout after a while? Seems like I
> saw that once or twice (though could be a hawtio bug :). If so I'm
> wondering if it might be easier to have a new method
> executeWithTemporarySessionId(cacheName, sql) or something like that
> so we don't have to keep track of when a session ID is stale or have
> to do 2 operations when we don't mind about the session ID (i.e. use
> one session ID per operation)?.
Yes, sessions timeout. There is a "Ping" command you can issue which
"refreshes" a session. As for allowing a temporary session, you would
lose some of the state information, so I'm not really sure about that.

Tristan