[infinispan-dev] Frequent releases?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Jan 28 19:05:16 EST 2014

Hi all,
can I hope for a release to happen soon?

I am needing releases to happen more frequently, or the various
cross-project integrations can't evolve.

During the 6.0 iteration nothing happened for months, then we went
crazy fast and the time margin was too short for me to perform various
improvements before getting at CR phases (which I consider too late):
ideally I'd like to see timeboxed releases, following a reliable
pattern: like every two weeks would be awesome.

To make an example, I've released 8 tags (counting various projects)
just this past 2 weeks to accomodate for evolution of coupled sister
projects, not least to include fixes and adapt for API or SPI changes
into Infinispan.

Cheers,
Sanne