[infinispan-dev] Benchmarking Hadoop/Infinispan M/R implementation

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 04:20:16 EDT 2014

Pedro/Gustavo,

How do you plan to benchmark our Hadoop implementation? It seems
TeraSort benchmark suite is an interesting option. Maybe not using 1 TB
data set right away, but eventually, why not? Especially now that we can
easily run 500 nodes cluster on GCE. I would love to see if we can, when
you guys start benchmarking our Hadoop impl, give TeraSort a run on a
regular Map/Reduce implementation as well.

What do you think?

Vladimir

[1]
http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2011/04/09/benchmarking-and-stress-testing-an-hadoop-cluster-with-terasort-testdfsio-nnbench-mrbench/#terasort-benchmark-suite