[infinispan-dev] Test failures

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 09:42:00 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org>
wrote:

> Hi Dan!
>
> The reason is that I'm making substantial API changes in the Query
> module, and I've lost count on how many other modules and integration
> tests depend on it: I need to run all the testsuite to evaluate where
> I'm heading.. I don't need it just as last touches but continually, to
> be able to make good choices while work is in progress.

Wouldn't "mvn install -DskipTests" be enough for testing dependencies?
You could then use "mvn surefire:test -pl query,lucene-directory" to run
just the tests you're interested in.
I have a script that does just that - even for core, I don't want to think
about whether I changed something in commons or not, but I almost never
want to run the commons tests :)

> Not only I'm changing API but also substantial changes in the
> dependency tree.. without a working testsuite I can't make progress.
> I'm working around it by deleting core in a temporary commit... :-/
> (and even so the suite takes more than an hour ??!)

1 hour just for the core, or for everything? I used to get about 1h for
everything, if just the core takes that long to fail it's definitely a
problem. There was also a bit of a slowdown after the JGroups 3.5.0.Beta7
upgrade (ISPN-4355), but that should be fixed now.

I was also thinking of moving the failsafe plugin to the "extras" profile,
so that we can avoid running the server integration tests in dev builds.
But disabling the extras profile also disables the bundling for OSGi, so
perhaps a separate profile would be better.

Dan