[infinispan-dev] Rebalancing flag as part of the CacheStatusResponse

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:24:20 EST 2014

Hi Erik

This makes a lot of sense. In fact, I was really close to implementing it
while I was replacing RebalancePolicy with AvailabilityStrategy.
Unfortunately I hit some problems and I had to postpone it (mostly because
I was also trying to make the flag per-cache).

The only question is what happens after a merge, if one partition has
rebalancing enabled, and the other has rebalancing disabled.

I think I would prefer to keep it disabled if at least one partition had it
disabled. E.g. if you start a new node and it doesn't join properly, you
wouldn't want it to trigger a rebalance when it finally finds the cluster,
only after you enable rebalancing yourself.

Cheers
Dan