[infinispan-dev] Feature request: manage and share a CacheManager across deployments on WildFly

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Fri Nov 7 10:47:13 EST 2014

I'm witnessing users of Hibernate Search who say they deploy several
dozens of JPA applications using Hibernate Search in a single
container, and when evaluating usage of Infnispan for index storage
they would like them all to share the CacheManager, rather than
starting a new CacheManager for each and then have to worry about
things like JGroups isolation or rather reuse via FORK.

This is easy to achieve by configuring the CacheManager in the WildFly
configuration, and then looking it up by JNDI name.. but is not easy
at all to achieve if you want to use the custom modules which we
deliver to allow using a different Infinispan version of what's
included in WildFly.

That's nasty, because we ultimately want people to use our modules and
leave the ones in WildFly for its internal usage.

It would be nice if the team could include in the modules.zip a way to
pre-start configured caches, and instructions to mark their
deployments as depending on this service. Would be useful to then
connect this to monitoring too..

Sanne