[infinispan-dev] Infinispan 7.1 plan

Sebastian Łaskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 07:35:31 EDT 2014

On 10/21/2014 12:47 PM, Dan Berindei wrote:
> In fact, I was volunteered to monitor the TeamCity test results and
> create a blocker issue for each failing test some time ago, but
> finding the proper owner for bugs proved to be quite time consuming so
> I haven't been sticking to it. This thread did motivate me to create a
> few new blocker issues, however :)
I believe we need to change our strategy in this point. We don't want to
create new issues - we want to motivate everybody to fix it (and fix it
fast). As I said - when the failure gets into our repo - all successive
Pull Requests will start to fail. Nobody will be able to integrate his
changes and everybody (not everybody - some guys which are in hurry)
will probably want to unblock themselves... The easiest way to do that
is to fix the build...

This is the main idea... To make failing test a serious problem and not
just another "easy to ignore" issue...
> Of course, the question is how we are going to achieve that magical
> clean build status...
I've got some idea - it's pretty controversial, but maybe you will like
it :)

  * Remove every failing test from our code base - just delete it (no
    ignoring, no adding to separate testsuite - just delete).
  * Create separate branch and place all those tests there - simply
    revert commit which removed them from master.
  * Organize failed-test-bounty with our Community - ask them to fix as
    many as possible during fixed amount of time (a month or two? maybe
    shorter?).
  * Every contributor in failed-test-bounty will be listed in "Thanks"
    section of the release notes
  * After the bounty is over, we'll just delete tests which were not
    fixed...