[infinispan-dev] Distribution package restructuring
ttarrant at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 10:35:18 EDT 2014
now that the uberjars have been folded into 7.0, we really need to
restructure our zip distributions to accommodate this.
First, the naming. We currently have -bin, -all and -src distributions.
I would like to rename the "-bin" distribution to "-minimal" which would
- Javadocs and XSDs for the above
- Example configurations
- Demos for any of the above
Then we would have an -all distribution which would include
- everything from "-minimal"
- additional cachestores (leveldb, remote, rest)
- extra modules (cdi, jcache, tree, spring)
- embedded CLI
- RHQ plugin
I'd also filter the dependencies, e.g. why package the spring deps when
Spring users will be using theirs anyway.
The following is an example layout:
- infinispan-cachestore-leveldb-config-7.0.xsd (all)
- infinispan-cachestore-remote-config-7.0.xsd (all)
- infinispan-cachestore-rest-config-7.0.xsd (all)
+ modules (all)
More information about the infinispan-dev