[infinispan-dev] Infinispan URL format

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 09:31:53 EDT 2016

On 05/30/2016 03:46 AM, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
> In the past there has been talk of representing a connection to
> Infinispan using a URL, in particular for HotRod.
> The Hibernate OGM team is now working on adding NoSQL datasources to
> WildFly, and they've asked for they should represent connections to
> various of these.
>
> For Hot Rod:
>
> infinispan:hotrod://[host1][:port1][,[host2][:port2]]...[/cachemanager]
>
> The [cachemanager] part is for multi-tenant servers (Hot Rod doesn't
> currently support this, so this is forward-looking).
> Obviously we will support all of the HotRod properties for specifying
> things like security, etc.

Once you are connected to a remote (Infinispan) database, does the
application simply use the java.util.Map api to put/get any application
get values?  Or are puts not allowed to use application classes?  I'm
trying to better understand how the marshaling works, since the remote
Infinispan database probably wouldn't have access to the application
classloader (unless it does, which I'd like to also understand).