[infinispan-dev] Single Endpoint design

Gustavo Fernandes gustavo at infinispan.org
Fri Mar 31 05:58:36 EDT 2017

Hi Sebastian,

If I understood it correctly, all the Hot Rod clients will be changed from
using:

- Binary over TCP, circa 40 bytes header, no hops to contact the server, no
protocol negotiation, no encryption (default)

- HTTP/2 with SSL, protocol upgrade negotiation, and a hop (router) to
connect to the server.

Any idea of how significant would be this extra overhead introduced?

Thanks,
Gustavo