[infinispan-dev] Testsuite: memory usage?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Feb 14 18:46:32 EST 2018

Hey all,

I'm having OOMs running the tests of infinispan-core.

Initially I thought it was related to limits and security as that's
the usual suspect, but no it's really just not enough memory :)

Found that the root pom.xml sets a <forkJvmArgs> property to Xmx1G for
surefire; I've been observing the growth of heap usage in JConsole and
it's clearly not enough.

What surprises me is that - as an occasional tester - I shouldn't be
the one to notice such a new requirement first. A leak which only
manifests in certain conditions?

What do others observe?

FWIW, I'm running it with 8G heap now and it's working much better;
still a couple of failures but at least they're not OOM related.

Thanks,
Sanne