[jbdevstudio-users] Debugging Ionic Project With CordovaSim and Livereload

jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org
Tue Jan 27 06:10:43 EST 2015

{quote:modifiedtitle=true|class=jive_text_macro jive_macro_quote}
2. Web sql db has local storage implementation under the hood. The issue with *evaluating 'localStorage['_db_data_' + name]') on line 262 for undefined* might be coupled with javaFx implementation of  it. Basically, javaFx has localstorage support only from JDK 8. It seems to be somehow coupled with localstorage initialization in javaFx. However, now I can't repro it. It looks like sometimes localstorage stop working for javaFx. Need to investigate it more properly. Please, let me know if you will be able to figure out steps to reproduce.
{quote}
This only started occurring this morning, even with the same code I've never seen it before.  I think the debugger got into an infinite loop, throwing exceptions on the console, and I had to force kill JBoss and CordovaSim.  When I restarted JBoss and CordovaSim this error kept occurring and practically none of the application worked.  I know closing Chrome is usually insufficient to totally restart it so I rebooted the computer.  After this that error stopped occurring and everything was back to the normal errors I was expecting.  Although this wasn't a scripted scenario, I'm reasonably sure this is what happened; causing me to think that perhaps Chrome had gotten its local storage corrupted?

{quote:modifiedtitle=true|class=jive_text_macro jive_macro_quote}
3.  Basically,  livereload stop working on the pages with websql (even if the localstorage is working correctly). Technically it works, but after refresh only the blank screen is shown. So it's not coupled with the livereload itself (even when the manual refresh is performed only blank screen is shown).
{quote}
The blank screen is probably due to $urlRouterProvider getting an error invoking the service that returns the promise allowing the application to enter the state.  Which is probably also why after a reload, all menus end up at the default url.

It seems that "window.openDatabase("pocketgp", "1.0", "Pocket GP", 1000000)" works when CordovaSim initially loads the application or refreshes it; but not when a livereload occurs.

Posted by forums
Original post: https://developer.jboss.org/message/917055#917055