[jbdevstudio-users] Debugging Ionic Project With CordovaSim and Livereload

jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org jbdevstudio-users at lists.jboss.org
Tue Jan 27 12:30:57 EST 2015

I have sent PR for [JBIDE-19091] Cordovasim: Livereload stop working after pressing 'Refresh' button from the Platform toolbar  - JBoss Iss… (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-19091)
We might as well include the fix into the upcoming 8.1.0 release. For now workaround is to disable and enable livereload manually afrer "Refresh"
{quote:class=jive_text_macro jive_macro_quote}
 I think the debugger got into an infinite loop, throwing exceptions on the console..

After this that error stopped occurring and everything was back to the normal errors I was expecting

I'm reasonably sure this is what happened; causing me to think that perhaps Chrome had gotten its local storage corrupted
{quote}
Hmm... That's getting interesting - this might be the clue. I will investigate it more properly.

In terms of my testing on the device:
I had some problems with crosswalk compatibility - http://snag.gy/QOamJ.jpg
Basically, I was able to build and run the app only after it's removal.

As I said in the previous comment I added the following refresh link (in order to emulate livereload) to the several pages : *<a href="javascript:location.reload(true)">Refresh this page</a>*
I was able to reproduce the same behaviour (blank screen after refresh) on the real device - http://screencast.com/t/j4anPYQaZadW
So, CordovaSim works just like the device - it's an ionic refresh side effect. From one hand it's not expected from ionic developer perspective to refresh the page and it could be treated as an edge case.
>From the other hand CordovaSim emulator needs to do it due to livereload. I will try to get in touch with ionic guys, describe thesituation and get their opinion. I hope we will handle it somehow ;-)

Posted by forums
Original post: https://developer.jboss.org/message/917116#917116