[jboss-as7-dev] Deployment -- why marker files?

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 12:34:42 EDT 2011

On 4/12/11 11:27 AM, Jim Tyrrell wrote:
> Okay I get it, I am okay with this stuff...to me touch has always
> been about updating a file/directory to the current time, forgot the
> use case of creating a file.
>
> I think this is great stuff, I would say the challenge is to figure
> out how to document this ;)  Remind people of touch and that it
> creates files, not just updates them, among other things.
>
> I do not think we need to paint the shed again, but the challenge
> with all of these kind of "features" is to make sure they are
> documented somewhere, somehow?

Yeah I agree this particular behavior needs to be pointed out clearly.
Thats why we stuck it in the README in the deployment directory (It also
needs to be in the eventual official docs).

If you have some ideas how we can make it more clear thats great. One
thing I realize is that Windows folks have no idea what touch is so I
know we need to improve it at least there.
--
Jason T. Greene