[jboss-as7-dev] Missing 404 for non-existent web app context?

denstar valliantster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 20:03:17 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 9:47 AM, David M. Lloyd wrote:

>> If I understand that issue then I would be able to do cp mywelcome.war standalone/deployments/welcome.war
>> and it will "override" the defaults provided in the default setup ?
>>
>> Sounds good :)
>
> No, if we distribute the welcome JAR as a deployment they will have to
> remove it before they can install their own root context.  However, it
> is pretty easy to do - we could even put instructions for how to do it
> on the landing page.
>
> Hell we could even put a *button* to do it on the landing page.

This sounds awesome!  For *sure* put a button there.  That'll propel
AS7 past the competition in the "welcome-y-ness" department.

And getting rid of it would be as easy as deleting the jar before
deploying?  Currently I wipe out ROOT.war as part of my builds if a
deployed app has a root context, so it'd be swell if nothing else is
needed besides whacking the jar (no changing of XML configs or some
such).

Anyways, fantastic idea.  I especially like "the button".  Maybe throw
in an "are you sure?" confirmation, and we're in like Flynn.

:Denny

--
The great difficulty in education is to get experience out of ideas.
George Santayana