[jboss-as7-dev] Missing 404 for non-existent web app context?

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 20:21:00 EDT 2011

On 04/18/2011 07:03 PM, denstar wrote:

>>> If I understand that issue then I would be able to do cp mywelcome.war standalone/deployments/welcome.war
>>> and it will "override" the defaults provided in the default setup ?
>>>
>>> Sounds good :)
>>
>> No, if we distribute the welcome JAR as a deployment they will have to
>> remove it before they can install their own root context.  However, it
>> is pretty easy to do - we could even put instructions for how to do it
>> on the landing page.
>>
>> Hell we could even put a *button* to do it on the landing page.
>
> This sounds awesome!  For *sure* put a button there.  That'll propel
> AS7 past the competition in the "welcome-y-ness" department.
>
> And getting rid of it would be as easy as deleting the jar before
> deploying?

No, it would be a configuration change - just deleting the file would
not really do anything except cause a deployment error.  But then
everything is a configuration change.  Basically when you pack up and
ship your server environment, if you're using the standalone model (AS
<=6 style) you'll probably have your final standalone.xml file anyway
which could just exclude that.  If you're using the domain model then
you'd be building up your production config in a completely different
way anyway.

--
- DML