[jboss-as7-dev] Changes to .jsp in an exploded deployment no longer picked up?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 07:49:24 EDT 2011

> On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 12:35 +0200, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> a +1000's...since finding all those development flags is going to be impossible
>> if that trend continues of having subsystem specific flags for this.
>
> The better default will now be used: development will remain as "false".
> Development is very expensive performance wise, and is not TCK
> compliant.

I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me.

You would rather have the server out of the box be TCK compliant
than usable for development ? I thought we were pass the mistakes
made in latest AS and EAP being targeted purely for production ?

> The domain is a centralized config, fully documented, dynamic, so it
> should more practical to use than the previous files. I understand
> there's an initial learning period, but it should be worth it.

I'm sorry, but that's just not making sense to me.
And btw. where is the documentation for that AS 7 setting ?

And which other flags need to be enabled for other subsystems to have "development"
enabled ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen