[jboss-as7-dev] Changes to .jsp in an exploded deployment no longer picked up?

Thomas Heute theute at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 10:43:30 EDT 2011

On 04/26/2011 02:26 PM, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 14:21 +0200, Thomas Heute wrote:
>> On 04/26/2011 01:49 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>> And which other flags need to be enabled for other subsystems to have "development"
>>> enabled ?
>>>

>> Was wondering the same here...
>
> It is called "development" because that's the name of the init-param
> that has been used by the Jasper servlet, starting in 1999.

Name is fine, problem is configuration + default

> Other
> subsystems will likely not have a dev flag.

This is where I am not that sure, portal will need one, we already have
such a flag to not cache built resources. I'm sure some other parts will
also want to make a distinction.

> As it is in the
> jsp-configuration portion, I think it should be obvious this is JSP
> specific.

It is obvious, it's not the problem. The problem is to be user friendly.
I don't want to tell my users that to be able to do quick turnaround
development they have to:
	- enable the JSP development flag...
	- enable the GateIn development flag...
	- enable the xyz development flag...

It's good to be able to "fine-tune" but would be nice to share a flag
too IMO.

Thomas