[jboss-as7-dev] doamain deployments

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Feb 18 13:29:44 EST 2011

On 2/18/11 11:02 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> +1
>
> I was thinking along the same lines.
> A domain deployment either disabled or not. But If it's enabled,
> it still needs to be referenced from a server group. Otherwise it just sits
> in the domain controller repo.
>
> IMO, the "disabled" attribute would be sufficient.
> But what happens when a previously enabled and referenced deployment (deployed to host)
> is disabled?

I was thinking the "disabled" flag would not exist in domain.xml on:

<domain>
   <deployments>
     <deployments name="xxx" runtime-name="xxx" sha1="asfs"/>
   </deployments>
</domain>

That element simply records what's available in the central deployment repo.

The "disabled" only exists on

<domain><server-groups><server-group name="agroup">
   <deployments>
     <deployments name="xxx" runtime-name="xxx" sha1="asfs"
disabled="true"/>
   </deployments>
</server-group><server-groups></domain>

and in standalone.xml:

<server>
   <deployments>
     <deployments name="xxx" runtime-name="xxx" sha1="asfs"
disabled="true"/>
   </deployments>
</server>

Basically whether a deployment is actually installed into the runtime or
not is a server-group/standalone-server level configuration, it's not
global across the domain. Different server groups can have different
configurations.

> Will it be removed from the host?

For the content to be physically removed from a host it would need to be
unmapped from all server-groups associated with the host; once that
happens the contents is garbage eligible for collection. I want to do
the actual removal with a background task, something like the way git gc
works.