[jboss-as7-dev] doamain deployments

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Fri Feb 18 13:34:14 EST 2011

> On 2/18/11 11:02 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> I was thinking along the same lines.
>> A domain deployment either disabled or not. But If it's enabled,
>> it still needs to be referenced from a server group. Otherwise it just sits
>> in the domain controller repo.
>>
>> IMO, the "disabled" attribute would be sufficient.
>> But what happens when a previously enabled and referenced deployment (deployed to host)
>> is disabled?
>
> I was thinking the "disabled" flag would not exist in domain.xml on:
>
> <domain>
>     <deployments>
>       <deployments name="xxx" runtime-name="xxx" sha1="asfs"/>
>     </deployments>
> </domain>
>
> That element simply records what's available in the central deployment repo.

Indeed.  My research is indicating that this may not even make sense to
do any more - we don't get any value from it other than validation.  And
there will come a time in the near future when content items do not
correspond to deployments on a 1:1 basis; so this will merely be a
declaration of what's in the content repository.

I'm starting to think that this information (domain-level deployment
element data) is completely superfluous.
--
- DML