[jboss-as7-dev] Operations that aren't really about domain management

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 09:43:47 EST 2011

> We will talk more about this in the context of the management API
> security but I just quickly wanted to check if it can make sense to
> define operations that can be invoked through the management APIs that
> are not strictly performing domain management tasks.
>
> e.g. Say we have a master domain controller and a remote node connected
> to this domain controller - If there is a task that only the master
> domain controller could perform could the remote node make a call to the
> master domain controller?

If host B isn't running the master DC and the management layer on host B
receives a request it can't handle (i.e. it deals with the domain config
or with a host other than B) it will route it to the master DC.

I'm not sure if that's what you are talking about though as I don't see
the relationship between your first and second paragraphs. :(