[jboss-as7-dev] How to debug the AS7 process launched from as7/testsuite/integration?

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 11:02:36 EDT 2011

I tried to debug the AS launched via testsuite/integration "mvn install"
by issuing the following command:

mvn instll -Dmaven.surefire.debug="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8787"

The testsuite process pauses and waits for me to attach my debugger,
however it seems like we might be launching the AS in a separate
process.  None of my breakpoints in the target
org.jboss.as.testsuite.integration.jpa.epcpropagation.EPCPropagationTestCase
test are triggered.  My breakpoints in other AS7 code that I know we
reach, are also not triggered.  I must be attaching to the wrong process.

Has anyone figured out a solution?  I tried changing standalone.xml as
suggested here
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/WritingaAS7TestCaseintestsuitemodule but
that didn't help.

Thanks,