[jboss-as7-dev] How to set up a domain with multiple hosts?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 12:20:20 EDT 2011

On 3/29/11 10:30 AM, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how do I set up a domain with multiple hosts and server groups having managed servers
> on multiple hosts?
>
> One way could be to edit the configuration to support this and then distribute the server zip
> around to all machines.

That's how you have to do it now.

> Or is there a way ,where I edit the configuration on the domain controller, distribute a
> (stripped down) version of the zip and basically start it on a non-dc-host via
> domain.sh --real-controller=otherhost:9990 ?

The way I wanted to handle this kind of thing is via
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-9178

Basically host 1 and 2 could specify using host-1.xml and host-2.xml. If
the only difference was the DC stuff, that could be host-master.xml on
the master and host-slave.xml on all others.