[jboss-as7-dev] CLI deploy/undeploy in standalone and domain

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Wed May 4 02:43:18 EDT 2011

Thanks.

Yes, I see a little annoyance of adding --keep-content here. The reason
I left it required is for being consistent wrt what triggers removal of
the content.

If in some cases it's not required then it's not consistent and maybe
misleading. I can then easily imagine forgetting to add --keep-content
after listing all the server groups in --server-groups=... and
unintentionally removing the content.

So currently, if you want the content to remain in the repository you
*always* include --keep-content and this manifests your intention.
Otherwise it's removed or results in an error if it can't be.

Perhaps, it makes sense to reverse the behaviour, i.e. make undeploy
keep the content by default and have --remove-content instead. What do
you think?

BTW, there is a similar thing with deploy, i.e. it enables the
deployment by default and has --disabled switch if you want to just add
the content to the repository w/o enabling it.

Alexey