[jboss-as7-dev] Oracle datasource missing dependencies

Marchioni Francesco f.marchioni at pride.it
Wed May 4 10:53:22 EDT 2011

Hi Paul,

Watch out, there's an error in your driver class name- when using
ojdbc5.jar the driver name is oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver and NOT
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5

Created-By: 1.5.0_24-rev-b08 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Implementation-Vendor: Oracle Corporation

Implementation-Title: JDBC

Implementation-Version: 11.2.0.2.0

Repository-Id: JAVAVM_11.2.0.2.0_LINUX_100812.1

Specification-Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

Specification-Title: JDBC

Specification-Version: 4.0

Main-Class: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver  <===========driver

I got it working with ojdbc5.jar.

Hope it helps,

regards

Francesco Marchioni

>Hello Stefano, which .jar have you used for testing connectivity ?

>I've used ojdbc5.jar but I still get the same error.....

>--

>paulwerder at fastmail.co.uk

>Oracle 10.2 jdbc driver is type 3 driver and it can't be loaded by
java.util.ServiceLoader using the >META-INF/services directory in the
jar.

>And it's the only way we are supporting jdbc as module or deployment.
IOW we are just supporting type 4 >driver.

On Wed, 04 May 2011 14:54 +0200, "Stefano Maestri" <smaestri at redhat.com>
wrote:

> The problem is the driver itself.

> Oracle 10.2 jdbc driver is type 3 driver and it can't be loaded by
java.util.ServiceLoader using the META-INF/services directory in the
jar.

> And it's the only way we are supporting jdbc as module or deployment.
IOW we are just supporting type 4 driver.

> Use Oracle 11g driver, I've tested it and it's working.

> regards

> S.

> On 05/04/2011 01:14 PM, Nicklas Karlsson wrote:

>> And the version number is correct for the driver?

>> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM, <paulwerder at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

>>     Hello Ike,

>>     >This is just a vague guess, but there used to be an issue with
the OSGI subsystem involved.

>>     >What AS version are you using? The problem I am referring to
should be solved in trunk.

>>     >But if you a running a previous release, then try commenting out
the osgi subsystem .

<hbraun at redhat.com> wrote:

>>>     This is just a vague guess, but there used to be an issue with
the OSGI subsystem involved.

>>>     What AS version are you using? The problem I am referring to
should be solved in trunk.

>>>     But if you a running a previous release, then try commenting out
the osgi subsystem .

>>>     Ike

forgot to mention it before.)

wrote:

> [...]

(ojdbc14.jar).

to an Oracle

jboss.jdbc-driver."oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver".10.2

pool-name="OracleDS"

jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.1:1530:ORACLESID

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver#10.2

under the

deployed ?

with the

>>     --

>>     http://www.fastmail.fm - Does exactly what it says on the tin

>> --

>> ---

>> Nik

Le informazioni trasmesse possono contenere documenti confidenziali e/o materiale riservato; sono
quindi da intendersi esclusivamente ad uso della persona e/o societa a cui sono indirizzate.
Qualsiasi modifica, inoltro, diffusione o altro utilizzo, relativo alle informazioni trasmesse, da parte
di persone e/o societa diversi dai destinatari indicati, e proibito ai sensi della legge 196/2003.
Qualora questa mail fosse stata ricevuta per errore, si prega di contattare il mittente e cancellarne
il contenuto.
--
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not