[jboss-as7-dev] Datasource configuration screens

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Mon May 9 05:06:56 EDT 2011

Rick said:

That looks nice. Hey, one idea-- have we considered putting more emphasis on convention and less on configuration? For instance, if we find an Oracle driver, maybe we could 'assume' the user wants

In that way, just putting a driver in the path would give them datasources, eh?

We could also do the same on the application side-- if we find only one datasource, that's the one they get! Or we could have them just choose the DB type.

Food for thought-- convention over configuration is really a big part of simplicity, and devs like it....