[jboss-as7-dev] web subsystem management use cases

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Wed May 11 06:19:01 EDT 2011

Ok, let focus on the actual configuration, the connector and virtual-host element seem to be r/o anyway.
They will remain r/o within the console for now.

I did take quick glance, and would suggest we expose the ability to modify these attributes to begin with:

"configuration" => {
                "type" => OBJECT,
                "description" => "The common web container configuration.",
                "required" => false,
                "attributes" => {
                    "static-resources" => {
                        "type" => OBJECT,
                        "description" => "JSP container configuration.",
                        "required" => false,
                        "attributes" => {
                            "disabled" => {
                                "type" => STRING,
                                "description" => "Enable the JSP container. The default value is \"true\".",
                                "required" => false
                            },
                            "development" => {
                                "type" => STRING,
                                "description" => "Enable the development mode, which gives more information when an error occurs. The default value is \"false\".",
                                "required" => false
                            },
                            "keep-generated" => {
                                "type" => STRING,
                                "description" => "Keep the generated Servlets. The default value is \"true\".",
                                "required" => false
                            },
                            "check-interval" => {
                                "type" => STRING,
                                "description" => "Check interval for JSP updates using a background thread. The default value is \"0\" (disabled).",
                                "required" => false
                            },
                            "recompile-on-fail" => {
                                "type" => STRING,
                                "description" => "Retry failed JSP compilations on each request. The default value is \"false\".",
                                "required" => false
                            },
                            "scratch-dir" => {
                                "type" => STRING,
                                "description" => "Specify a different work directory.",
                                "required" => false
                            },
                            "x-powered-by" => {
                                "type" => STRING,
                                "description" => "Enable advertising the JSP engine in x-powered-by. The default value is \"true\".",
                                "required" => false
                            },
                            "display-source-fragment" => {
                                "type" => STRING,
                                "description" => "When a runtime error occurs, attempts to display corresponding JSP source fragment. The default value is \"true\".",
                                "required" => false
                            }
                        }

Does that sounds reasonable?
Any other development or performance relevant attribute people might miss in the console?

Ike