[jboss-as7-dev] How to add a deployment to a server group?

ssilvert at redhat.com ssilvert at redhat.com
Thu May 19 09:59:21 EDT 2011

Quoting Brian Stansberry <brian.stansberry at redhat.com>:

> On 5/19/11 7:37 AM, ssilvert at redhat.com wrote:
>> Hmm.  This code is working for me from the console:
>>
>> ModelNode operation = new ModelNode();
>> operation.get(ADDRESS).add("server-group", serverGroup);
>> operation.get(ADDRESS).add("deployment", deployment.getName());
>> operation.get(OP).set("add");
>>
>> But if I do this from the CLI:
>>
>> [domain at localhost:9999 /]
>> /deployment=beanvalidation.war/server-group=main-server-group/:add
>> {
>>       "outcome" =>  "failed",
>>       "failure-description" =>  {"domain-failure-description" =>  "No
>> handler for add at address [
>>       (\"deployment\" =>  \"beanvalidation.war\"),
>>       (\"server-group\" =>  \"main-server-group\")
>> ]"}
>> }
>>

> Your CLI path is backwards. Should be
>
> /server-group=main-server-group/deployment=beanvalidation.war:add

This document
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/FormatOfADetypedOperationRequest

says, "The order in which the items appear in the request is not relevant."

Is order somehow important in the CLI but not in the API?  Or is that
sentence referring to something other than the address?

In this case, how would I know the proper order?

In actuality, this really makes more sense:
/server-group=main-server-group/:add(deployment=beanvalidation.war)