[jboss-as7-dev] How to add a deployment to a server group?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu May 19 10:23:09 EDT 2011

On 5/19/11 8:59 AM, ssilvert at redhat.com wrote:
> Quoting Brian Stansberry<brian.stansberry at redhat.com>:
>
>> On 5/19/11 7:37 AM, ssilvert at redhat.com wrote:
>>> Hmm.  This code is working for me from the console:
>>>
>>> ModelNode operation = new ModelNode();
>>> operation.get(ADDRESS).add("server-group", serverGroup);
>>> operation.get(ADDRESS).add("deployment", deployment.getName());
>>> operation.get(OP).set("add");
>>>
>>> But if I do this from the CLI:
>>>
>>> [domain at localhost:9999 /]
>>> /deployment=beanvalidation.war/server-group=main-server-group/:add
>>> {
>>>        "outcome" =>   "failed",
>>>        "failure-description" =>   {"domain-failure-description" =>   "No
>>> handler for add at address [
>>>        (\"deployment\" =>   \"beanvalidation.war\"),
>>>        (\"server-group\" =>   \"main-server-group\")
>>> ]"}
>>> }
>>>

>> Your CLI path is backwards. Should be
>>
>> /server-group=main-server-group/deployment=beanvalidation.war:add
>
> This document
> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/FormatOfADetypedOperationRequest
>
> says, "The order in which the items appear in the request is not relevant."
>
> Is order somehow important in the CLI but not in the API?  Or is that
> sentence referring to something other than the address?

I've revised the document. The order in which the outermost elements
appear is not relevant. Order is very important to an address, as the
whole structure of management resources is a tree.

> In this case, how would I know the proper order?

Using the :read-resource-description command from the top of the tree
you can discover the entire structure.