[jboss-as7-dev] I'm having the weirdest problem with server.log showing up in bin

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Fri May 20 11:01:32 EDT 2011

I'm having the strangest problem with the server.log showing up in the
bin directory in my fork of jboss-as
(https://github.com/starksm64/jboss-as). It is reproducible and I'm
seeing it on two different machines. I do not see it if I clone
https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as directly, but I do not have any
outstanding changes in my workspace, so I don't know where the change is
being introduced.

I have debugged it to the point of seeing that the
PeriodicRotatingFileHandlerAdd.execute call receives a ModelNode
operation that has the file.{path,relative-to} information:

{
     "operation" => "add",
     "address" => [
         ("subsystem" => "logging"),
         ("periodic-rotating-file-handler" => "FILE")
     ],
     "autoflush" => true,
     "level" => "INFO",
     "formatter" => "%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS} %-5p [%c] (%t) %s%E%n",
     "file" => {
         "path" => "server.log",
         "relative-to" => "jboss.server.log.dir"
     },
     "append" => true,
     "suffix" => ".yyyy-MM-dd",
     "operation-headers" => {"rollback-on-runtime-failure" => false},
     "encoding" => undefined
}

but this test at PeriodicRotatingFileHandlerAdd.java:95 fails and so the
dependency on relative-to is not added:
                             if
(operation.hasDefined(CommonAttributes.RELATIVE_TO)) {

fileBuilder.addDependency(AbstractPathService.pathNameOf(operation.get(FILE,
RELATIVE_TO).asString()), String.class,
fileService.getRelativeToInjector());
                             }
Anyone know what is going on before I spend any more time debugging this?

[533][valkyrie: bin]$ ls
domain.bat    jboss-admin.bat    standalone.bat    wsconsume.bat
wsprovide.sh
domain.conf    jboss-admin.sh    standalone.conf    wsconsume.sh
domain.sh    server.log    standalone.sh    wsprovide.bat
[534][valkyrie: bin]$ ls ../standalone/log/
boot.log