[jboss-as7-dev] I'm having the weirdest problem with server.log showing up in bin

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Fri May 20 11:06:27 EDT 2011

On 5/20/11 10:01 AM, Scott Stark wrote:
> I'm having the strangest problem with the server.log showing up in the
> bin directory in my fork of jboss-as
> (https://github.com/starksm64/jboss-as). It is reproducible and I'm
> seeing it on two different machines. I do not see it if I clone
> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as directly, but I do not have any
> outstanding changes in my workspace, so I don't know where the change is
> being introduced.
>
> I have debugged it to the point of seeing that the
> PeriodicRotatingFileHandlerAdd.execute call receives a ModelNode
> operation that has the file.{path,relative-to} information:
>
> {
>       "operation" =>  "add",
>       "address" =>  [
>           ("subsystem" =>  "logging"),
>           ("periodic-rotating-file-handler" =>  "FILE")
>       ],
>       "autoflush" =>  true,
>       "level" =>  "INFO",
>       "formatter" =>  "%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS} %-5p [%c] (%t) %s%E%n",
>       "file" =>  {
>           "path" =>  "server.log",
>           "relative-to" =>  "jboss.server.log.dir"
>       },
>       "append" =>  true,
>       "suffix" =>  ".yyyy-MM-dd",
>       "operation-headers" =>  {"rollback-on-runtime-failure" =>  false},
>       "encoding" =>  undefined
> }
>
> but this test at PeriodicRotatingFileHandlerAdd.java:95 fails and so the
> dependency on relative-to is not added:
>                               if
> (operation.hasDefined(CommonAttributes.RELATIVE_TO)) {
>
> fileBuilder.addDependency(AbstractPathService.pathNameOf(operation.get(FILE,
> RELATIVE_TO).asString()), String.class,
> fileService.getRelativeToInjector());
>                               }
> Anyone know what is going on before I spend any more time debugging this?

This looks like something that was already fixed:

if (operation.hasDefined(FILE)) {
       if (operation.get(FILE).hasDefined(RELATIVE_TO)) {

serviceBuilder.addDependency(AbstractPathService.pathNameOf(operation.get(FILE,
RELATIVE_TO).asString()), String.class, service.getRelativeToInjector());
                             }
          service.setPath(operation.get(FILE, PATH).asString());
}

Jason T. Greene