[jboss-as7-dev] AS 7 profiling output while running under load

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Sat May 21 13:38:30 EDT 2011

You probably saw Andy Miller's notes, explaining how to profile AS7 with
the oprofile tool on Fedora
(http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ProfilingAS7UsingOProfileOnFedora).

http://pastebin.com/ewvCdC48 contains output from a performance test.  I
wanted to share this with everyone, as its interesting to see how much
CPU is used by various parts of our codebase.  Take the information with
a grain of salt, as its not that meaningful by itself.

This could probably be combined with a traditional profiler (which would
show the reason why something was called thousands of times).  But at
least this gives you an idea of which code to focus on.

I'm still trying to understand what some of the oprofile details mean
exactly as well.

Scott