[jboss-as7-dev] subsystem description keys

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Sat May 21 17:10:27 EDT 2011

CHILDREN is used for describing the relationship of a parent resource to
a child resource. A resource is addressable, has attributes and
operations, and may have children.

ATTRIBUTE is used for describing attributes. Attributes don't have to be
simple types; they can be complex, which is the case with the attributes
in the transactions subsystem. But attributes aren't directly
addressable; e.g. if you want to read some detail of the
CORE_ENVIRONMENT you'd have to read the entire attribute and then access
the detail.

This is discussed in more detail on

http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16317