[jboss-as7-dev] subsystem description keys

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Sun May 22 17:45:32 EDT 2011

It seems a bit arbitrary as to whether a subsystems content is
addressable or not. What I see for the logging subsystem vs the
transactions is that I can ls the logging subsystem and individually
read the children while transactions has no children, hence nothing to
ls, but there no obvious reason why one or more of the transactions
attributes could not be addressable resources. What goes into that choice?

[standalone at localhost:9999 /] ls subsystem=logging
periodic-rotating-file-handler   size-rotating-file-handler
logger                           file-handler
async-handler                    console-handler
[standalone at localhost:9999 /]
./subsystem=logging/console-handler=CONSOLE:read-resource
{
     "outcome" => "success",
     "result" => {
         "autoflush" => true,
         "encoding" => undefined,
         "formatter" => "%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS} %-5p [%c] (%t) %s%E%n",
         "level" => "INFO",
         "queue-length" => undefined
     },
     "compensating-operation" => undefined
}

[standalone at localhost:9999 /] ls subsystem=transactions
[standalone at localhost:9999 /]
[standalone at localhost:9999 /] ./subsystem=transactions:read-resource
{
     "outcome" => "success",
     "result" => {
         "core-environment" => {
             "process-id" => {"uuid" => "uuid"},
             "node-identifier" => undefined
         },
         "recovery-environment" => {
             "socket-binding" => "txn-recovery-environment",
             "status-socket-binding" => "txn-status-manager"
         },
         "coordinator-environment" => {
             "enable-statistics" => undefined,
             "default-timeout" => undefined