[jboss-as7-dev] web subsystem - http connector configuration

Remy Maucherat rmaucher at redhat.com
Mon May 23 05:03:56 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 10:48 +0200, Francesco Marchioni wrote:
> >Can somebody shed some light on this?
> >IMO some arbitrary thread pool should not be used by jboss web.
> What about a dedicated executor like this ?
> <bounded-queue-thread-pool name="webserver" blocking="true"
> allow-core-timeout="false">
>                 <core-threads count="10" per-cpu="20"/>
>                 <queue-length count="10" per-cpu="20"/>
>                 <max-threads count="10" per-cpu="20"/>
>                 <keepalive-time time="10" unit="SECONDS"/>
> </bounded-queue-thread-pool>
>
> <connector enable-lookups="false" enabled="true"
> executor="webserver" ....  />
>
> By the way, what does the max-connections attribute of the connector
> stands for ? Apparentely it seems the equivalent of the older
> MaxThreads.....it might be a little misleading....

I'll keep the current internal thread pool as the default, since it is
faster, and, more importantly, the different connectors have different
thread usage (so an executor can't provide a good default). Enable
lookups is also false by default, so nothing needed here.

The new max-connections attribute is different, since the previous
settings were misused.

As I told you, unless you are certain you know what you are doing,
you're unlikely to get better performance by changing the settings.
[OTOH, by default, the server displays info about installing native to
get better performance. Did you do try it ?]

When testing the current beta 3 AS 7 release, I'd recommend allowing a
significant amount of time to let it settle to good performance (it
should be improved in trunk), especially if you use the java.io
connector. You did not reply about what your testing and results are, so
I can only try to guess.

--
Remy Maucherat <rmaucher at redhat.com>
Red Hat Inc